Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Backwoods Quilter

This morning we were visited by the partridge family. For some time now, a male partridge has been letting us know he didn't like us on 'his' property. We suspected he had a harem somehwere nearby and this morning we saw them; a covey of a dozen or more strode through the property. Of course, our little westiepoo, Heidi, dashed around the house barking furiously. Living in the country sure has its moments.

Last week, I entered a small quilted wallhanging and a loaf of my bread in our fall fair. It was the first time I had ever done anything like this so I didn't have any great expectation of wining.

to my great surprise, I took second prize for both entries. I am already planning for next year.

Here is a picture of the quilt.

I have created this blog to share my life and my quilting. I will be posting patterns that I have created. Some will be free others will have a modest price.

No comments:

Post a Comment