Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Day

I intended telling you today about some of the folk that live on our road but something has happened that I would like to share with you. I believe that I mentioned that I had an article accepted by the new Canadian quilt magazine, Quilter's Connection. Yesterday, I sent in the completed work and almost immediately got a reply from Heather saying how much she liked it. I have been a writer for many years and I have to say that I have never before been treated with the courtesy and consideration that I have received from this publication. The usual proceedure is that I send a query (suggestion), wait 6 weeks, call to see if they have received it and then wait again. I know that everyone is busy but a company can set up their e mail so that, at the very least, a form reply is generated saying that the letter has been received. That is my rant for the day. I hope, if you are a quilter, you will consider purchasing this magazine. There are few enough Canadian publications and, where possible, we need to support them.
If all that wasn't enough excitement for one day, I later found that I had won an on-line block challenge one of the quilt groups had run. It was the first time I had done a challenge so I was pleasantly surprised especially as all the blocks were so innovative.
That is my brag for the day. Hope yours has at least one pleasant surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment