Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tuesurday

I woke up this morning with the pleasant realization that it was Saturday and I din't have any appointments.  It was a wonderful feeling until my husband reminded me it was Tuesday!  However, as I still didn't have to be anywhere, he said I could stay in bed if I liked and he would bring me toast and tea-bless him.  I decided to get up and get things done as he was going to Orillia to do family stuff and wouldn't be back until supper time tomorrow.  I tidied up the dishes, brought in some wood and took the dog for a walk.  It is another of those lovely sunny, crisp days and I was reluctant to come inside.  Shortly afterwards, Roger left, I made a cup of tea, did my e mail and, once I've finished this blog, I am going to spend the day quilting.
I am starting to feel quite Christmas-sy and I think I will do a holiday themed table topper or small quilt.   I have been thinking that I would like to do a Christmas quilt for the bed but no time this year.
Yesterday, our local quilt group had the final meeting for the year.  We gathered at a members house for pot luck, quilting and sharing.  It was a lovely time.  My contribution to the feast was a loaf of homemade bread.  I didn't get it cooked in time so took it 'as is' and baked it when I got there. It was a happy decision. The smell of baking bread mixed with the home made lasagna filled the house and drove any quilting thoughts from my head.
I will have to bake something for my husbands return home as he has been very patient and understanding about my busy schedule for the last few weeks.
I expect to have another little pattern for you this Friday.
Thank you Jacqui (hope I have remembered the spelling of your name correctly) for your kind comments about this blog and my article in the Quilter's Connection.  If you are a quilter, you might want to pick up a copy of this Canadian quilt magazine.  It comes out quarterly and itsn't available at all stores yet but it is worth the effort it takes to find it.  Being a Canadian publisher is not an easy job especially in our current economy, so it is important that we all do our bit to help.  I know that some members of on-line quilt groups that live in other countries have taken out  subscriptions as well.
Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you spelled the name correctly :-). I've been savouring the magazine slowly and re reading some of the articles twice and enjoying it very much. Yes, we need to support this Canadian endeavor for sure!! It's so nice to have a magazine for Canadians with Canadian advertising :-). I have my Ladies Bible study group over tonight for our Christmas meeting and we will be making cards for one of our members to send to shut ins and seniors of our Church's denomination. The young girls wanted to do a service type project which was really neat! Now to see if the weather cooperates. It's pouring rain here right now and we just had a thunderstorm, but there's supposed to be more snow tonight! Hope the meeting goes through as it'll be a start to the Christmas season for me. Have a good day! Did you get your table runner made? I'm working on a few as well.

    ReplyDelete