Friday, January 8, 2010

Yea, Friday

One of the odd things about being retired is that you really don't care that it is Friday, or Monday or any other day for that matter.  Other than Sunday, each day is much the same.  I am not sure if that is bad or good.  When you work outside the home, there is always a day to look forward to: Friday, vacation etc.  I guess, now, we can just be glad of each day.
I am, however, especially thankful today because everything is back to what passes for normal.  Our water is running and everything else is working. (Washing machine leaked all over the floor yesterday because I hadn't fastened the lint thing properly). I almost have the laundry caught up and then can go back to my plan of washing all my fabrics.
The book rewrite is going well, another thing for which to be thankful and I already have an idea for the next one.  I have come up with a number of patterns which I think will add to a person's quilting pleasure.
One more thing before I finish.  Yesterday, after I got home from the city, my husband told me he had done the bathrooms.  By 'done' I assumed he meant gave them both a good flushing.  When I went to see about cleaning them, I saw they were both hygenic and shiny!  What woman wouldn't be thankful for a husband like that?  Have a great weekend and may you be surrounded by things for which to be thankful.
Blessings 

No comments:

Post a Comment