Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Back to Normal-I Think

I am gradually getting things back to normal on the computer.  My husband, bless him, has taken over the making of meals while I get things sorted out. 
Are you going to be watching the Olympics?  Roger has always watched them wherever they took place but I tend to be less enthusiastic.  This time, however, I think we will both be spending a lot of time in front of the television.  There just seems to be so much more excitement with the Vancouver games.  I remember the ones in Montreal and Calgary but they didn't seem to have the same national appeal.  Perhaps it is because we are coming out of a depression (economic) but I don't think so.  I believe it is the torch relay that has drawn us all together.  Having it cover such a large part of Canada and being able to follow it on-line has given more citizens a chance to be involved.  And, of course, is there anyone who hasn't bought or tried to buy a pair of the red mittens.
A lady on one of my on-line quilt group asked what project we are going to be working on as we watch.  I hadn't thought about it as I am still trying to get a hand pieced and top stitched quilt done but I was going to knit my husband a vest so I may do that. It will be a nice remenbrance of the events for him.
It will be nice if our athlete's win some gold medals but, if they don't, I still think this will have been the best games ever.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment