Wednesday, April 21, 2010

More Quilts and Gadgets

Here are two more photos of the quilts that were at the Orillia quilt Show.  The first picture is of the flowers of the provinces and the final is Canadian scenes.  You can see prairie gran elevators, rodeos, the covered bridge in Burk's Falls (acutally in the Maritimes but there is one here).
As you can tell, I will be remembering this show for a long time.
Yesterday, I had to go for a doctor's appointment in North Bay which is a largish community about an hour's north of us.  Of course, I took the opportunity to do quilt shopping and I bought a bobbin winder among other things.  This little gadget will wind your bobbins seperate from your sewing machine so you don't have to interrupt your work when you run out.  I usually do 10 bobbins of white thread for each of my machines.  This is nice when you are doing a lot of sewing (and who isn't) but takes time to refill them all.  Now I can refill and sew at the same time.  Addicted!  Not me!
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment