Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Things that go Bump in the Night

We had a relaxing day yesterday going for a drive through Algonquin Prov. Park.  The weather was nice and we stopped at various points to enjoy the scenery, have lunch or just sit.  We hadn't used our camper since moving to the backwoods and, as my sister is going to be using it for her Canadian tour, we thought this would be a good time to make sure everything worked.  Although my husband and I have both driven full sized buses, it still took a bit of time getting used to the camper.  It isn't much longer than a car but definately higher and definately different steering.  Despite its age, it ran well and had enough pep to climb steep hills or pass slower traffic.
We didn't see a lot of wildlife on our trip except for a cow moose that was on the side of the road and ignoring the staring, pointing humans and clicking cameras.
Our personal brush with wildlife came much later.
Sometime after we had gone to bed, I woke to hear the dog barking and my husband yelling at something to 'scram'.  Apparently, a black bear had been attracted by the smell of the clover that surrounds our home and had wandered over to inspect it.  He/she wasn't much bothered by the commotion it created but did eventually stroll away.
I was rather disappointed that I hadn't got to see it but I think I can live with that.
A visitor of a much different size was at the hummingbird feeder this morning.  Nature sure does come in various packages.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment