Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot

It has been very humid the past couple of days.  It was rare to have humidity in Edmonton and not often here in the backwoods either, so it really wears me out.  I trimmed our Heidi this morning so she should be feeling a bit cooler. 
Last night, we went outside to watch the northern lights.  We only got glimpses as it was cloudy but they are an awesome sight.  My most vivid experience of them happened a few years ago when I was still doing driver's ed.  I was teaching some students from a school just north of Edmonton and was returning to the city with them when I noticed the sky was full of swirling, dancing colours.  I wasn't sure what they were (being a city person) until one of my students told me that what I was seeing was the northern lights.  What a phenomena. 
My husband has gone to Orillia today to spend some time with his parents so I am, naturally, quilting.  I have to make the quilt lines on the log cabin quilt before sewing.  It is a bit of a problem knowing what to use as a marker as the quilt is blue and white.  I think my disappearing purple will work but am testing it first.
It is clouding over here so we might be getting some more rain.  If the hydro goes out, I may just have a nice day of reading!
blessings

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the humidity, it's been terrible here in central MN too. The humidity did go down yesterday afternoon and I was able to open up all the windows and the house is nice and cool now. I'll have to remember to look for the Northern Lights tonight, I just heard about them on the radio.

    ReplyDelete