Wednesday, September 22, 2010

In Praise of EQ

Followers of this blog will have heard me refer to EQ a number of times.  There are a number of computer quilt programs on the market and I have a couple of them.  My favourite, by far, is EQ (Electric Quilt).  I use it to design, choose colours and figure out the math involved in creating a quilt.
I have been working on a quilt for my sister -in -law for some time.  She wasn't in any rush so it kept getting pushed back on my to do list.  It has, however, finally made it to the top of my priorities and I am getting it finished.  The feature blocks are paper pieced birds from Jodie Davis' book, Backyard Bird Quilts.  She is a wonderful paper pieced pattern designer and I really like this book.  In fact, I wish she bring out another with even more birds.
I had been having a lot of problem deciding what my alternate blocks would be and finally, yesterday, decided to use Jodie's sample.  From there, I went to EQ to do the layout with my own colour choices and, voila, a quilt.  These blocks will be quick and easy so I should (key word is should) have the quilt done and ready for the top stitching by the end of the month.
I do have a small project to do before the weekend but, other than that, I am free.
Have to take our Heidi to the vet this morning as she still isn't well.  I suspect a bone or something caught in her jaw.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment