Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sounds of Christmas

We had an especially busy weekend which is normal for this time of year.  Today, I am playing catch up and getting some housework done.  I did plan to go out later this afternoon to help a friend with her computer but will have to see if our roads are passable.  Right now they are glare ice following yesterday's thaw and last's nights freeze.
As I work in the office, my husband is in the kitchen cutting up our last pumpkin.  I want to make some pumpkin curry soup and freeze the rest of the pulp for later.  Dear hubby hasn't had much experience with this job-although he volunteered, so the jolly sounds of frustrated mutterings each time the knife slips is filling the house with cheer. He is planning on a big pumpkin crop next year and I told him that it is all fun and games until you have to peel the things!  Nice to have a man that shares the household duties though and he will forget the experience once he gets a nice bowl of soup.
We are going to be decorating the tree and house this week as my brother, son and their wives are coming over on Saturday to watch our Christmas parade and then to our house for a late lunch.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Love it! My hubby is very handy in the kitchen too. I love it when we work together!

    ReplyDelete