Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Countdown

Just three more sleeps until Christmas.  I am pretty much ready although I have a bit of last minute shopping to do and one gift to finish.
One of the on line quilting groups to which I belong has started a block swop.  Participants are making a 12 1/2" block with the maple leaf pattern.
This is the first time I have done a swop although this group (as do many others) have ongoing ones.
The pattern we are using is from The Quilter's Cache, Marcia Hohn's excellant site.
If you are a new quilter, this is a must have link:  thequilterscache.com.
Marcia has a myriad of free patterns, listed according to size, style and difficulty.
This photo is another one that I took yesterday.  This morning the sun is shining and it looks as though the good weather is going to continue through Christmas; good news for those who are travelling.  I have been watching the weather caused airport problems and thinking ahead to 2012 when we will be in England around this time for a nephew's wedding.  I hope there won't be any problems that year.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment