Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fairy Land

I woke up this morning about 7.30 and took a peek out side.  When I saw how lovely it looked, I got up.  It had snowed all night and, as it was large wet flakes, they stuck to everything. I grabbed my camera, let the dog out and took this picture.
A couple of hours later we were on our way to Huntsville and we both kept exclaiming over how lovely everything looked.
I think winter is the most beautiful time of year.  Each season has its beauty but nothing, in my opinion, surpasses winter.
We were hoping to get quite a bit of shopping done today as I wanted to start my baking.  However, we ran into a snag when we tried to use our debit card.  It came up NSF.  We knew there was more than enough money in the account to cover our shopping so were a little bewildered and somewhat concerned over what could have happened.  We got the majority of our purchases (by which time I was ready to go home.  I don't like shopping.) and headed up.  We stopped in the bank on the way and found that a check we deposited weeks ago still hadn't cleared.  The teller took care of that for us.  The problem could have been so much worse.

Quilting Hint:  One of the things I purchased today was a hand mirror-the kind with a handle.  I often need to check the back of my quilt when it is on the frame and that can be a bit of a problem.  Now I can put the mirror between the rollers and see if everything is working alright.

Of course, we always have to get something for the dog whenever we go to town and today we brought back a toy shaped like a boomerang that, naturally, has a squeaker in it.  She loves it.  I wanted to get a rubber chicken but my husband didn't think that was a good idea.  Think I will let Santa bring it!
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment