Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Time Slowly Passes Quickly

I am sure todays title caused some puzzled looks.  It resulted from me searching for a particular posting last night.  I knew I wrote it in the winter but what year or month I wasn't sure.  After I found it, I realized that I have only been doing this blog for a short time whereas I was thinking that it covered a number of years.  I then reminded myself that I started it after moving here to the backwoods and that was three years ago this May.  We are so at peace here that it is hard to believe that it has been our home for a relatively short time.
One of the things I enjoy most is just looking at the trees.  Today they are snow covered.  On Sunday, morning all the branches were ice tipped and prior to that, they stood like dark towering sentinels against a gray sky.
I can't see the tops of the trees from any window in the house.  It is only when I go outside that I can tell how really tall they are.  After living in Alberta for nearly 20 years, I got used to trees; mainly evergreens, being much shorter.

I am once again trying to complete some of my UFO's.  My husband bought me an engagement (doesn't that sound like something it isn't) calendar for Christmas.  It has photos of quilts that I probably will never attempt but, more importantly, the large pages are divided into seven horizontal strips (each being a day, of course)  which give plently of room for making notes.  I think I am going to write quilt goals in it and note my progress.  Not sure how long I will keep to that but perhaps long enough to lessen the pile of unfinished projects.
Stay tuned.
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment