Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Time to Plant Potatoes!?

Are you back to normal-house undecorated, everything back to pre-Christmas condition-yet?  I have everything done but the nativity sets.  They are displayed in two rooms and, as many of the pieces are fragile, everything has to be carefully wrapped before storing.
The outside decorations have been disconnected but still have to be taken down.  Some of those will have to wait until nicer weather.
I have been having fun reading one of my Christmas gifts.  My husband and I each gave the other a copy of the Farmer's Almanac.  They have different publishers and both claim to be Canadian but mine has an odd idea of the weather in this country.  In the section for planting crops, it says that a lot of the root vegetables can be put in the ground this month.  I am not sure how long it would take me to dig through the snow and pry a hole in the frozen ground but I am sure that, if I were successful, the vegetables would be a long time sending up any growth.
I have also noticed that it give dates for having your hair cut if you want to encourage growth and other times for retarding it.  Cleaning house, adopting pets, and many other activities all have suggested times. 
All this leads me to believe that many people have trouble making their own decisions.  Can the phase of the moon really have that much effect on how well my oven will be cleaned-if I actually performed that chore.
The book I gave my husband seems to be a bit more accurate and practical.  However both are quite entertaining.  I am checking to see how well mine does on predicting the weather.  In the meantime, I need to wait a few days before making an appointment to get my hair cut. 
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment