Friday, March 25, 2011

Surprises

My birthday will arrive in a couple of weeks and I will be celebrating my 65 years on this earth.  I think I mentioned that my husband has been planning a surprise for me which will, in part, consist of an open house.  I have been trying not to think about it as I don't want to be trying to guess what he is going to do.  He did have to tell me about the open house as we will need to tidy up.  Also, I suspect, have to rearrange furniture. 
While I wait for this momentous event, I have been busy in, where else, my quilt room.  I have been finishing up another project that has hung around for a while as well as designing a pattern for the web page.  This is a foundation pieced pattern and I really like the way it is coming together.  Lots of my favourite bright colours with a few others to give your eyes a break.  The overall effect will be 3 dimensional; another of my favourites.  I've always liked patterns that have hidden designs and this will have that.
Last night I gave our wee Heidi a bath and today she got her nails done.    She had begun to smell doggy and, because her hair is quite fine, it gathers up all manner of flotsam.  Now, if I can only keep her looking pretty for a few days.
It looks as though the cool weather is going to continue.  Some of our snow has melted but it still looks like winter here in the backwoods.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment