Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Food Nostalgia

It is a rainy, windy day here today.  The Internet has been flickering on and off but the hydro is still with us. I am working on the top of a quilt that I am going to put on my web site so, of course, everything keeps going wrong.  However, there isn't much more to do so I persevere.
We had a busy Easter weekend with dinner at the in-laws on Saturday, brunch at church on Sunday, quilting and ladies group on Monday.  My traditional Easter meal is ham and scalloped potatoes so, as we haven't had them yet, I am making it for supper.
It is funny how we associate certain foods with an event or holiday.  Cinnamon buns remind me of my mother's love, home made granola I associate with my son.  Roast beef for Sunday dinner recalls my English heritage especially if it accompanied by Yorkshire pudding.  Chicken soup is, of course, what you have if you aren't feeling well and stew or hot chocolate is for cold winter days.
Have you started your contest entry yet?  The prize package is valued at approximately $30.00 plus receiving all the entry blocks.  Let me know when you are ready to send it.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment