Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Wasted Trip-Sort Of

We had to go to Huntsville today to do some government stuff.  Got to the office and it was closed.  Very frustrating.  So, we did a bit of shopping.  I bought fabric (naturally) for a quilt I've designed and we got a few groceries.
Once I got back home I phoned to find out when the office would be open and discovered we went to the wrong place.  Back to Huntsville we go on Tuesday.  It is only open two days a week. 
Ah well.  Could be worse.  At least, we have a vehicle and fuel.
I forgot to mention yesterday when talking about quilting gifts that I got a book from my sister that has patterns which help you develop your colour skills.  I think many quilters have a problem with determining which colour looks best for a border, binding or even in the quilt top itself.  I generally play it safe but it would be nice to be a little more confident.  This author combines colours that I wouldn't choose but she does write in a way that is easy to understand.
Of course, colour preference is such a subjective thing, isn't it.  Some people like pink and red together whereas I really dislike it.  I also have a bit of a problem with blue/yellow combinations.  I have got a bit more adventuresome over the years mainly because I have started doing scrappies.
Quilting is something that has a continuous learning curve which is one of the reason's I enjoy it so much.
Be sure to check my web page tomorrow for the contest rules.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment