Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Endings and Beginnings

Today was the last day for our Farmer's Market for this season.  I always wish it could go on longer as there is so many nice things to buy but, as many of the vendor's are seasonal people, I understand why it can't.
On the other hand, the monthly luncheon that is served at the senior's center starts again and, of course, the schools are geared up for another year.
I think, perhaps, you notice the small things about season changes more in a rural community.  In an urban area, many things such as markets continue throughout the year in heated factilities.
A beginning of a different sort has occured for me.  I have my first quilt pattern writing job and I am also being considered as a columnist for an on line quilt magazine.  All these bits and pieces of income are turned back into my quilting.  I doubt if I will ever make a profit, but every bit foward is less of a step back.
We have been having a nice visit with mom-in-law.  This afternoon she and my husband are off to visit family giving me some time to get at my fall fair entries.  I was really debating whether to do anything this year but, in the end,  I have decided on more articles than the year before.   Our maple syrup will be  making its public debut along with my sewn entries.
I had best get on to my work.  Tomorrow and Thursday we are out so I don't have a lot of time.  Wish me luck.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. Anna -- I saw your ad on the homequiltingsystems group and just read your post about your first pattern writing job. That is so exciting. I know what you mean about never really making any money at this, but I figure as long as I enjoy myself and turn my $$$ back into quilting, that's good enough for me. It's nice to be appreciated! Way to go!! Colleen

    ReplyDelete