Thursday, August 25, 2011

Yea, Hydro's Back

We had a nasty thunder storm last night which, I believe covered most of this part of Ontario. Our hydro was out for a few hours and just came back on at 9.30 this morning.  It wasn't a  trial as we have learnt to adjust to this-which you had better learn to do if you live in the country.  However, once it is back on, it is like you discovered electricity for the first time.  Radio and lights work.  My computer is on as is the internet.  And, possibly the most important of all, my sewing machines work.  Oh, and the toilets flush.  What has the last to do with hydro?  This is one of those little things you don't think about but when the power is off, the water pump doesn't work, therefore, no water to the toilet.  A quick trip to the rain barrel can solve the problem.  Just fill up the tank.  However, if you don't have a rain barrel (we do) then you can hope for winter and lots of snow that can be melted.
I had started using my non hydro time to clear off my cutting table for my next project but I think I will leave that now and work on my entries for the fair.  At the rate I am going, I will be lucky to have anything done.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment