Thursday, September 22, 2011

Harvest Beauty

Harvest Beauty
We have gathered together most of our crops and will be bringing them indoors for winter consumption.  I will start canning in October as I am still too busy to do much now although I am turning some grapes into juice while I wait for the bread to rise.
Some one asked me the other day how I am able to get so much done and I think it is because I do a number of things at the same time; for example make bread, simmer grapes for juice and write my blog.  I am often folding clothes or doing a similiar task while waiting for supper to cook.
I think women are blessed with this ability to multitask because we never would have the time to do everything if we just focused on one job at a time.
I have updated my web site (well, my webmaster has) and I now have some quilts listed for sale.  I would also like to remind you of the Name the Quilt contest that is underway.  There is nothing to mail or buy so it is easy to enter.  Simply come up with a good name and send it to my arkangelcreations@gmail.com address.
I am almost ready to start my hand applique Baltimore album quilt.  I've ordered some nice white fabric from Sisters Quilting Expo and once it gets here I am ready to start.  This is a backing fabric so I didn't need to buy as much and the quality is great (I got a sample).  I am just finishing the border on a child's quilt and then I am ready to go.
Looks like it is going to be a great day for getting outside although rain is predicted.  It that holds off I will take Heidi for a walk after lunch.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment