Wednesday, September 14, 2011

No Brain Today

Do you ever get one of those days when your brain seems to have taken a holiday?  Mine is refusing to work at all today.  I started designing a simple pattern-nine patch place mat, and just couldn't think it through.
So, I decided to write this, hoping I make sense, and finish the laundry.  Then I have some bobbins to wind.  I think I can remember how to do that!
I was at the doctor's yesterday because I have been getting so many headaches and he is getting me to do some neck exercises.  I started this morning and I am wondering if the unaccustomed activity first thing in the day has my mind confused.Ah well, everything needs a rest occasionally; even a brain.
Yesterday, I joined an online skills swap group.  The idea is you set a value for your skill i.e. $10.00 per hour and if someone can use it, they pay you in a skill of equal value that you can use.  This is very much like farmers helping each other get in crops or women getting together to quilt blankets for each other.
I have always preferred trading or swapping as a method of purchase.  The owner of Sister's Quilting Expo and I have been doing this for some time.  Neither of us have much money but both have a skill the other can use.  The link is www.community-exchange.org if you are interested.  There are groups around the world and you can choose an area/community.  The one I belong to is Rational Exchange.
Now I will recheck this to see if all the words are in the correct order and then hang out another load of laundry.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment