Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Contest

Well, that was a toughie.  I had some fantastic names suggested for the quilt and just couldn't decide.  I enlisted the help of another designer and she chose 'Duchess of Cambridge' as the winning entry.  Marilynne has been sent the pattern.
I will be doing more contests and think I will have more prizes as I get such good quality entries.
We have had a break in the rain so my husband and I were able to get out and do some yard work.  I have rounded up all the garden gnomes so they can be placed in their snug winter home.  The hummingbird feeders have been emptied and solar lights brought up from the driveway.  We are going to put them on longer poles so they will be visible above the snow.
Our hydro was out Saturday evening and through the night.  We were going to have a pot luck at church but when we got up Sunday there still wasn't any power and that included the church building.  Lights and heat weren't a problem but the lack of toilet facilities would have been so church was cancelled.  We, therefore, took mom-in-law back home earlier that planned.  The wind was still quite heavy and it made driving a challenge but we got there and back safely.
Although the sun is shining today, the sky looks as though we may have snow so I am glad we got the work done outside.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment