Friday, November 18, 2011

We Have Four

I have mentioned in past blogs that we have five hens but only three had been laying.  The other two seemed to be younger judging by the size of their combs.  The past couple of weeks we have seen there was a definate difference in size.  Yesterday, we got a fourth egg.  Bertie, one of the hold outs was sitting on the nest when my husband went in to gather the bounty so he left her alone.  Sure enough, when he returned later in the day, she had done her job.  The amusing bit is that although she is one of the larger hens, her egg was tiny-about the size of a banty. 
Still, we are glad she is producing.  Ernie is now the only holdout.
This is my self imposed work day and I have a pattern to write up for the owner of the Sisters Quilting Expo on line store and a couple of smaller projects.  I also want to get another section of my book finished. My husband is out in the bush hoping to see an exusive deer.  Now that we have snow, they should be heading this way which is their wintering area.
I didn't get as much sleep as I needed last night because I stayed awake reading a book.  I finished it at 11.30 which is about an hour later than my usual 'turn the lights out' time.  This was a Lawrence Block book that we hadn't read and husband was taking it back to the library today so I decided to see what it was like.  I have been going through a stressful situation for the past few months and find I need to hide in a book a little more frequently than usual.
Hope you all have a great weekend.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment