Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Milestone

A reader of this blog was kind enough to let me know this morning that I now have 50 followers.  I am thrilled.  When I started writing this three years ago, I thought my family and a few friends might be the only ones who would find it interesting but as the days and months went by, more and more people signed up.
I now am fortunate enough to have regular readers from most countries in the world. I enjoy writing but it is a lot more rewarding when someone is reading the words.  I read somewhere once that if no-one is following you, you are merely going for a walk, not leading.  A writer, on the other hand, is always a writer just as a painter will always deserve the name even though they are the only one to see the canvas.  However, when a writer is paid for their words (whether monetarily or via comments) you are on a different level.  I have been fortunate enough to have reached that.  I get reimbursed through both methods.
I thank you all for your encouragement and sticking with me when what I had to say wasn't very interesting.  I thank you for your comments and your honesty.  In return, I would like to give you something.  I would like to give you one of my down loadable patterns.  There is absolutely no cost.  I will be giving you a coupon to get the pattern.  This is a limited time offer and I will give you the details tomorrow.
We are having another wonderful day.  I went into town for the mail and then took Heidi for a walk.  It was more of a bounce on her part as the snow is getting deep in the bush.  Didn't slow her down any though.  I had put some little booties on her to protect her feet from the cold.  One came off before we  left the driveway.  Another came off on the trail.  I retrieved both of them and brought them home in my pocket.  A third booties dropped off unnoticed so she bounced home with one clad foot.  Oh, well, we will find it in the spring.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment