Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Three More Sleeps

I finished my shopping yesterday, decorated the church today and just have some sewing left to do.  I have found that it doesn't matter how early you start your Christmas preparations, there is still things to do right up to the last minute. When we lived in Alberta, we always had Christmas day at home so I had all the meal to get ready.  There was usually just the two of us but I sill liked to have a big spread.  Then, on Boxing Day, we had left overs and my husband put the meals together.
Now, we always join my in-laws for the meal and gift giving so I don't have to a lot of cooking other than the cookies etc. that are gifts or for company. I would prefer the get together to be on boxing day especially as the children are growing up but it is, what it is.
It seems that most of Canada is going to have a green Christmas.  That will be nice for those travelling.
As we count down the last few hours, I hope you have time to stop and reflect on the reason we are celebrating.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment