Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Recovering

Thank you for your good wishes and prayers following my surgery.  You learn so much about yourself when you go through these procedures.  I had the right side of my thyroid removed.  I didn't know there were two and one can do the job of both-nice of God to give us a spare. I didn't know about all the other things that were around the thyroid and how I could be affected if they were damaged during surgery.
Everything has gone well.  I am recovering nicely apart from no energy and usual slow recovery from anesthesia and pain killers. 
I really haven't felt like quilting or doing much else except sleep or stare into space until this morning.  My husband took me into the village yesterday while he was going for the mail and I popped in to see our quilt group.  That was my big excitement for the day but I felt that I had put in a 12 hour work shift.  That step, small as it was, encouraged me to think about doing the binding on a small quilt the next day.  Got ready to do that this morning and the hydro went out.  So, I had another couple of hours of doing nothing.
Hope everyone is enjoying their March break.  With the unseasonable warmth,  some people are able to get out golfing.  I don't think I will put my winter clothing away yet but it is nice to do without a layer or two.
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Take your time and let that traumatized half thyroid get acclimatized to doing all the work itself. My daughter had both lobes removed and I had one irradiated. (We have a family inclination for thyroid cancer)
    At least the weather is FINALLY getting nice and you can just relax and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna - I am so happy that you are on the mend!!! But don't push yourself too much - you want to be feeling better by retreat!!!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete