Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Favourite Quilt Book

Do you have a favourite quilt book; one to which you return time after time despite a shelf full of other publications?  I have a few favourites but the one which is my ultimate reference is the first quilt book I ever bought.  It is called Successful Quilting by Linda Seward.  It contains information on how to do every type of quiltingas well as photos of hundreds of blocks and instruction on making many of them.  If I have forgotton how to fold the fabric for a Cathedral Window block, this is the book I grab.  If I am looking for a block and not sure even what it is, I take Successful Quilting to bed with me and start flipping pages.
There is a lot of practical, well researched and written information in this book and is one I would recommend to any quilter but especially to those just starting.
I have mentioned the Quilt Pattern Magazine in previous posts.  It is my favourite on line publication.  It is easy to read and has usuable patterns as well as fun articles.  If you would like a sample copy of this publication,go to: http://www.quiltpatternmagazine.comYou might also be interested in reading the editors blog: http://tinyurl.com/7lbtdaf
I have just finished making five dozen chocolate chip cookies for a meeting I have this evening.  And I see my husband, who has just come home from getting his hair cut, is carrying a bouquet of flowers.  An early birthday or Easter gift!
It is an odd day here.  The sun is shining, the temperature is 7 above and we keep getting snow showers!
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment