Friday, April 27, 2012

Pig Breaks

I have been sitting at my computer for the past half hour trying to write a magazine article.  I have the idea and the words are coming easily but I am not making much progress.  Why?  Because Heidi keeps dropping her rubber pig at my feet to throw. I could ignore her but, if you are a dog lover, you know how hard it is to not give in to a pair of pleading puppy eyes.
I have tried to distract her with a dog biscuit but that only worked for a few seconds. I guess I am going to have to wait until my husband gets back from the village where he has gone to pick up the mail and a few things.  When he returns, he can play 'throw the pig' for a bit.
I previously mentioned about my problem with not being able to finish my quilt top because the rolled part on the frame was taking up so much room that I couldn't do the pattern.  Dianne wrote and gave me some advice and now, I am happy to say, I have gained enough room to continue.  I am still going to try using the bicycle clips when I get them though.  If they don't help my quilting, I may get up the courage to actually get on the bicycle my husband bought me and use them for their original purpose.
And now it looks as though Heidi may have had enough chasing for a moment so I can get back to my writing.
Have a great weekend. 
Blessings from the Backwoods Quilter.

No comments:

Post a Comment