Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Retreat Plus Two

A Proud Quilter
The lady who is second from the right was one of our servers in the hotel restaurant and a real delight.  We found out she was a quilter and asked to see what she had done.  She brought this quilt to show.  We were all impressed with her skill. 
It is especially encouraging to us 'oldsters' to see that the next generation is producing so many enthusiastic and skilled fabric artists.
I didn't get a lot done at quilt group yesterday as I was still on a high from the retreat but I think I am starting to get back to routine-note that I didn't say 'normal'.  I still have laundry to put away but I did get another row done on the quilt that is in the frame.  I have about another 4 to go and I will be able to start the binding.  I am anxious to get it done as it is another version of my Scrapper's Scrappy pattern that is selling so well.
We woke up to a forest of snow this morning.  The trees looked like ghosts.  I am glad I hadn't removed my snow tires.  We are going to Huntsville later today as one of the stores has flour on sale and my husband needs to buy some things.
blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment