Thursday, August 23, 2012

My New Quilt Room

Future Quilt Studio
I have mentioned previously that my husband is building an addition which will be my new quilt studio.  Just to give you an idea of the size, our home is 76 feet long.  My studio will be approximately 30 feet by 15 feet.  Am I looking forward to moving day?  You betcha!  In the meantime, I am keeping busy at my pattern designing and quilt making plus all the other things that need to be done to run a home. 
You can see a bit of colour (if you look closely) in our trees.  The change has slowed down so they are pretty much at the normal stage for this time of year.  I thought the season would arrive too quickly but I think the recent rains have helped.
I am working on one of the fair items today-a dressed doll.  I am making a christening outfit and putting some embroidery on it.  I am using one of the decorative stitches on my Babylok machine and it is slow going.  I just have to sit and make sure the fabric stays straight and keep an even pressure on the pedal.  I'm not sure it wouldn't have been easier to do the stitching by hand.  At least then, I could watch television.  I am just about done the last bit and then I can add the lace and other bits of trim and sew the pieces together.  I will post a picture when I get it done.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment