Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Good Read.

Today was one of those dreaded shopping trips.  As I am sure I have said numerous times before, I dislike shopping.  Today we went to a new store that had opened in Huntsville to check it out.  The closest ReStore (Habitat for Humanity) had been in Bracebridge which was over an hour away so we were looking forward to having one closer.  We picked up a few odds and ends and, when we were in the car, my husband gave me a book he had found.  It is called The Cats Gallery of Art by Susan Herbert and if you like cats and/or art you will enjoy this.  The book consists of famous paintings such as the Mona Lisa but with a cat instead of a human.  It is very well done and this is a book I am going to keep.

Speaking of books, I have been reading the Marie Bostwick series about a group of quilters and a shop called the Cobbled Court Quilt Shop.  It is similar to the Elm Creek series and I am quite enjoying them.

I also recently read The Chimneys of Green Knowe by L.M. Boston.  This book is about an ancient home, a quilter and her grandson.  This one is a bit more of a fantasy but does focus around a quilt.
On a more practical note: Tomorrow, we have a couple coming to visit and he is going to help my husband do some more work on the addition.  If all goes well, by the end of the day we should only have the interior stuff left to do.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I have just started reading Marie Bostwick. Have you ever read Jennifer Chiaverinni? She has a great quilting series set in a quilting camp. I've just finished reading her last book and looking forward to the next. I often see her books offered for sale in quilt shops. My daughter picks them up at the quilt shop in Uxbridge.

    ReplyDelete