Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Melted Dessert

I got my maple leaf quilt back yesterday from the lady who did the quilting.  I am really pleased with it.  I just have to add the binding and that one will be done.  It will have to wait until next week though as I have some odds and end to make for our local craft fair.
I already have quite a few larger items so I want to do some pin cushions, bibs, aprons and a couple of fabric decorations.  I am going to get started right after I finish writing this as the sale is Saturday.
I don't much feel like doing it as I have had a headache all day.  Not sure if it is the weather or something else.
I saw a cardinal today when I was driving home from Huntsville.  a neighbour told me tha tthey  had had one in the bird feeder so I have been keeping any eye out.  I can't even remember when I last saw one.
I was a bit annoyed at the checkout person (actually more than 'a bit) where I got my groceries today.  I have a number of freezer bags that I always take as it is, at best, a half hour before I get home from the store.  I make a habit of always putting the freezer stuff on the counter first so it is easier for the staff person to pack.
I don't always see what they are doing, although I try to watch, as I am getting things on the  belt.  I did notice he was not doing a very good job of packing and, in fact, had to put some of the spare plastic bags I carry and he used into one of the larger fabric bags.  When I got home, I found that he had put dog food, celery and other items in a freezer bag and the ice cream, milk, etc. in a regular one.
I phoned the store to complain.  It had been 3 hours from the time I left the store until I got home as I had to do other shopping, go for my mammo and have lunch so you can imagine what happened to the ice cream.
The manager said he would replace anything that I thought had been harmed which I appreciated.  The ice cream was the only thing that suffered because, thankfully, it is cool today.  However, I really just wanted to make sure that the young man was was told that he actions weren't acceptable.
Now on to that sewing.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment