Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Chickens are Out.

I was saddened to hear that Rita MacNeil had passed away.  I liked both her music and her style.  She was a gutsy lady.
Roger is finishing up the maple syrup today.  He put in a long session yesterday and, I think, is bringing it to an end more out of fatigue than lack of syrup.  It is a lot of work for one person using buckets and an open fire.  A evaporator makes the process faster but I think you can taste the difference. He wanted to work through supper last night but I sent him back to the house for a break and to eat while I tended the syrup.  All I had to do was stand there and add more sap as necessary.  Not labour intensive but boring.  I did have a chipmunk almost run over my foot, stop, realize where it was and dash off which was humorous.
Our little flock of chickens are outside in the run today enjoying the sunshine.  The rooster is a beautiful bird.
I noticed that we have little flowers  making an appearance in the perennial garden.  I am looking forward to seeing the daffodils and hyacinths as I planted quite a few more last year.
On the quilting front, I only have a a few more blocks to sew and then I can put the rows together on a top I have been working on intermittently over the past weeks.  I bought some more fabric as I thought I was going to run out but didn't need it.
I haven't decided what I am going to do for the borders yet.  The top is square so I want to add something on each  of two opposite sides to turn it into a rectangle.  Think think.  Might be a good opportunity to do some flying geese which I always avoid but I am leaning toward something appliqued.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment