Saturday, June 15, 2013

Smart Chickens

My husband let the chickens out of their coop for a bit today.  It gave them a chance to scratch around in a different area, eat some bugs and enjoy a bit of freedom.  Our little dog sits in the window and watches them.  I think she is doing her bit to make sure they are safe.
I went over to see what they were doing a few minutes ago because I heard the rooster squawk.  Some of the hens were inside the pen as was the rooster.  Three of the white hens were still outside scratching.  I saw the rooster come out and gradually start herding everyone toward the coop.  I just let my husband know and he has gone out to close things up.
The sky is starting to cloud over and I guess the rooster wanted to make sure all the ladies were inside before it started to rain. 
I've always thought that chickens were rather low in the intellect scale but they seem to know what they need to know.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I know a few people that would agree on the scale of their intellegence, never judge a book by its cover...LOL

    ReplyDelete