Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Magic Binding

I am not sure if we are getting Indian Summer or a return of the one that started a few months ago but it is hot.  There is a nice breeze so that helps keep the house cool.
I was in Huntsville this morning for a dentist appointment and received some bad news.  I am going to need extensive and expensive work. Not sure where the money is going to come for that but it needs to be done.
My husband has just gone to pick up our freezer chickens.  I have moved things around in both the fridge and freezer to make room for them all.  It is nice to have our own home grown poultry.  We know what they have eaten and how they have been treated.
Fall Charms Quilt
While I was in town, I picked up some background fabric for a comfort quilt.  The ladies in one of the on line groups sent the blocks and I am doing the top.  It will then be sent on to another woman who will do the quilting.  The recipient is a couple who lost much of their belongings in one of the many floods that swept through Canada this year.
Sewn Binding


 
The photos are of a quilt I finished recently and did the binding by machine.   Here is the link, if you would like to give it a try.  It is easy and works.


 
 
Blessings,
 


No comments:

Post a Comment