Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Crispy Day

It is getting a bit crispier here in the backwoods although I haven't yet packed away my summer clothes.  I am cooking a crock pot full of pumpkin.  Dear husband, peeled and cut into pieces, a couple of our pumpkins yesterday while I was at quilt group.  We still have a lot more.
Once they are cooked I will mash and put them into freezer bags for soup and baking.  I am going to make some pumpkin bread on Thursday so I will have something for Thanksgiving company.
I am working on another quilt top (have a quilt in the frame and another that is waiting to be finished) which will be for a child.  The blocks have dogs on them and they look just as though they came from a colouring book.  This quilt will be for sale.  I really should train someone how to use my frame machine and then they could do the quilting while I do what I prefer: piece tops.
As this is Tuesday, Roger has gone to his euchre game.  He has promised to bring home fish and chips so I won't have to cook.  Our chip trucks are getting ready to shut down for the season so I soon won't have this culinary escape. Poor me!
My brother and his wife are going to be having Thanksgiving dinner with us so we are looking forward to that.  I will cook one of the chickens that is taking up so much space in the freezer.  I have a new left over chicken recipe that I want to try.  I am sure there will be left overs even with four people as free range birds have much denser meat. 
My husband has been hinting about pumpkin pie so I will have to make sure I have all the ingredients for that.  I don't make pies very often but they are nice for special occasions and, goodness knows, the man deserves a treat.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment