Friday, November 8, 2013

A Non Service Charge.

Isn't bureaucracy frustrating sometime?  I find it even more so when they offer a service which is supposed to make doing something simple and it results in more difficulty.
Case in point;  Canada Post offers a service called Ship in a Click.  If you want to send a package, you go to the site and enter information such as size and weight of parcel and where it is going. They also need the senders info which created a bit of a problem.  I am used to entering street and post box address.  Nope.  Didn't want that. Also there is a place for post box number, I had to leave out that information.  When everything is completed, you are given a price and the option of paying on line and receiving a label to put on the parcel.  I followed instruction and received my confirmation but no label.  Instead I got an error message.  Drat.
This morning I called the toll free number to get my refund.  The voice menu, naturally, didn't give the Ship in a Click option despite this being the number given.  After a few failed attempts, I punched 0 a few times and got a person.
She facilitated my refund but when I explained the problem with reaching someone I was told that they didn't have room to include SIAC option on the menu.  I suggested that more accurate information be given on the service web page.  She indicated she would pass on the suggestion. By the way, Amanda, said the service was having 'technical' problems.  I have been trying to use it for 3 years and this is the first time I got as far as paying for it.  I should have suggested hiring a different IT service.

I don't know if anyone else finds the lack of service by a service irritating but I certainly do.  I think I will write the Post Master General if I can find accurate contact information.

While I am ranting, another irritation is paying for delivery service when I don't get delivery.  Hydro One charges the same delivery price whether or not there is an outage, Canada Post levies a fuel surcharge when I have to drive 10 km to send or receive mail.  Sears Canada also adds on a delivery charge and I have to drive the same 10 km to get my purchase.
Perhaps I should start deducting a non service payment.

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment