Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Gardening Angels

I got my blue and white quilt off the frame yesterday.  I still have to quilt the borders and add the binding.  I am going to do heart shapes on the borders and will use my table machine for that.  It has turned out well and I believe the recipient will be pleased.
I was able to get the last row and a half done without the thread breaking or running out of bobbin thread.  Quilting sure can be frustrating sometimes.
I had so much fun with the mini angel quilts I made that I am doing some more for a craft sale next month.  The angels will be different in these.  They will be flying and in profile.  The dress will be made from fabric that has small flowers and the wings will be green.  They will hold a watering can as they fly over the ground.  I think I am going to stitch the words "Gardens are a Blessing" on the background.  I will show you a photo when I get them done.
I have also started a foundation pieced block.  This is a sample to work out the colours.  I have been wanting to do a New York Beauty for some time and I thought this would be a good project to take to the retreat next week.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment