Thursday, June 19, 2014

Teaching is Fun

I have been getting my studio ready for this evening when two young women come over for their first quilt lesson. Both know how to sew and one already quilts but I want to show them the different techniques as well as lining up sashing and making mitered corners etc.
I enjoy teaching so this will be fun.
Are you or someone in your family watching the World Cup soccer games?  My husband is an avid fan and hasn't wandered too far from the television since the series began.  He is tending to the chickens and cutting wood so he isn't neglecting his responsibilities.
I am not a fan of sports although I enjoy watching baseball and follow the fortunes of the Blue Jays.
Heidi and I went for a walk early this morning as the bugs have settled down some.  The pollen, or whatever everyone is allergic to this year, has also settled down so I am able to breath a bit better.  It has been a rough spring.  I  have an appointment next week at the hospital to get my breathing checked.  Always good to make sure nothing untoward is happening.
The lettuce in our garden is ready for picking and we have small tomatoes on some of the plants.  It appears as though we are going to have a good garden this year. I was finally able to get all the gnomes back into the garden where they are busy pulling weeds,.  I hope they are as I don't do it very often.
I am getting the binding added to the northern lights quilt today so should be able to post a photo tomorrow.  I am really pleased with how it has turned out.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment