Friday, February 6, 2015

Free Scarf Pattern.




When I went for my walk today, I found that it was a lot colder than I thought despite the relatively warmer temperatures.  There was a bitterly cold wind and, although my coat has a hood, it didn't keep my face warm.  Make a scarf, I thought to myself.  I have tons but they are designed to be decorative rather than warm.
This is the result.  I cut a piece of fleece 22 inches wide by the width of the fabric which is 60 inches.  Fold in half lengthways,  right sides of fabric together, and sew along the long edge.  Turn right side out.  Now for the tricky part.  You want to join the two ends.  I put right sides together starting at the seam and sewed around the circle, adjusting the fabric to keep right sides together.  You will only be able to partially complete the circle.  Clip thread and remove from the machine.  Hand stitch the rest of the opening.  Place the circle of fabric over your head and then loop it over again.  Pull one of the loops onto your head.  There is enough fabric that the back of your neck won't be exposed.
I used my serger for the sewing.  You can make your scarf wider or narrower as you prefer.
Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. You look as snug as a bug. Thanks for the tutorial, Dad says it's really cold up your way where is Spring??

    ReplyDelete