Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Sword of Doom

We escaped the worst of the predicted wind and rain storm in our area.  We did get some rain and the wind was quite strong at times but not enough that any trees came down.  I was prepared for power outage which didn't happen either so our day proceeded as normal.
I processed a bushel of apples turning most of them into sauce but also filled a dozen freezer bags with slices for pie and other desserts.
I then spent the rest of the day quilting.  I did a bit of work on the foundation pieced quilt which is slow and tedious but gave me a break from quilting the baby blanket.  I got blanket done and ready for binding.
Tomorrow I will be away for the day as a couple of other quilting friends and I are meeting to-what else-quilt.  We all bought the same kit and thought it would be fun to work on the blocks together.  I have got everything ready to go and am looking forward to the day.  Thursday is hubby's turn to cook so I won't have to rush back and decide what we are going to eat.
I need to really get at the foundation pieced quilt and get it done.  It is another of those projects that hang over your head like a sword of doom.  I think I will see if some of my friends would like to do a couple of blocks.  The quilt will be an illustration for a pattern design I have sold and the quicker it is finished, the better.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment