Wednesday, December 30, 2015

All Deadlines Met.

I hope everyone had a good and safe Christmas.  As mentioned previously, we went to my husband's family for the meal and gift exchange.  The weather and driving was good which is a bonus this time of year.  It was nice to see how much the littlest members of the family had grown. 
When we got back home, I found two phone calls waiting.  One was from my son and we had a nice chat.  The other was from a neighbour and, as soon as I heard her voice, I knew something was wrong.  I was devastated to learn that our next door neighbour had died.  She hadn't been well but was, we all thought, back on the road to recovery.  After all she was five years younger than me and very active.
The funeral was on Monday and there wasn't a seat left available.
I am still finding it hard to accept that I won't see her out gardening or hear her music filtering through the trees.
I am ending the year with all my quilting and writing deadlines met.  It is a great feeling.  I have restored the studio to some semblance of order and am looking forward to getting at the project that has been patiently waiting on my design wall for about two months.
I have signed up for a block of the day challenge which starts Jan. 1st.  It will be interesting to see this time next year how well I did on that.
Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment