Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Spring Memories

I left the house this morning shortly after ten, got home around 3 and only accomplished two things.  The Burk's Falls Arts and Craft Centre meeting was in the morning (I am publicity and promotions and vice-president) and after that I went to Huntsville to grocery shop. By the time I got home and put everything away, it was time to get supper.  Normally, hubby would help with all that but he isn't able to do anything but offer encouragement and appreciation right now.
Tomorrow, we are going to see his surgeon and will, hopefully, get an update on his progress and how much more he can add to his activities.  Our only concern is the swelling in his foot.  Other than that, he seems to be doing really well.
No quilting today and probably none tomorrow either.  It is so unusual for me to be spending so little time in the studio but, as I have said before, hubby comes first.
It was a lovely warm day here in the back woods.  I even put the air condition on for a bit on the trip home just to cool down a little.  I wore my winter coat when I went out and could have done with something lighter.
Someone came to visit hubby while I was out so he could let out our little dog.  He also did chicken and wood duties so I didn't have to do them when I came home.  We continue to be blessed by the help we are receiving.
I have been trying to find time to start some of my seeds indoors but it doesn't seem to be happening.  Maybe on the weekend.  Maybe.
Hope spring is showing signs of arriving in your corner of the world.  Of course, in England and many other areas, it has been around for quite a while now. One of my favourite memories is of the birthday card I would receive from my mother early in April.  It always had a pressed flower from her garden.  As my yard was usually deep in snow, it was a lovely reminder of things to come.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment