Friday, July 8, 2016

Missed Threading Point.

Like many of you, I woke to the news of the horrific shooting of the police officers in Dallas.  It is hard not to feel overwhelmed by the constant onslaught of one shooting after another, weather disasters, pandemics and more.  I have to remind myself that there is still good in the world, there are many days of peace and joy, and while we are blessed to live in a country that has few of those problems, we have done nothing to deserve that blessing.  We have we what we have by the Grace of God.  I don't pretend to understand why the citizens of this country are so fortunate while others aren't.  I can only be thankful and try to help the others as I can.
Part of my blessings are good friends and we are getting together with a couple of them this evening to watch a movie.  These young neighbours come over a couple of times a month and we put on a lighthearted film, eat popcorn and relax.  Tonight the feature is Monster Inc.   I don't know how many times I have already seen it but it is still one of my favourite.
We are getting thunder right now so we may lose our hydro.
I have been either quilting or unquilting most of the day.  The unquilting is on the project I had on the frame when the machine was malfunctioning.  I have to unpick everything so I can start over.  When I think that all the problems I had was because I missed one of the holes that had to be threaded, I could throw a tantrum.  It is located just above the needle in an area where I've never seen a threading point before.
Thinking on the positive side again, the problem is solved and everything is working well so I should be zipping through those quilts again right smartly.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment