Thursday, October 6, 2016

Go Blue Jays!

I have had a productive day.  I  finished the quilt that is on the fame with the exception of the side borders.  I will have to turn the quilt to do those as it is too big for the frame. Also got a lot done on another quilt I am piecing and listened to our Blue Jays win a baseball game
Hubby and I connect the Jays with our wedding.  Just after we were married, we were living in two different Provinces: he in Alberta and I in Ontario as I finished out my tern on city council.  T hat was the year the Jays won the first championship.  I would phone him and we would listen to the last few innings together. It was a good year.  Our team one and we began a new, wonderful life together.
The next year I was in Alberta and driving a bus for special needs children.  We listened to the games on the radio as I drove them home.  If the Jays won, they got a treat the next day. 
Although our team hasn't done as well until last year, we still support them.  I am not a big sports fan but I do like the Jays.  We don't get the TV station the carries the games so we listen to the radio just like we did years ago.
Go Blue Jays.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment