Monday, October 24, 2016

Pumpkin Fest Time



 

I don't usually post on a Monday but I wanted to show you my Island Batik Pumpkin Fest challenge project.  I made these luncheon mats with matching coasters on the weekend and really like how they turned out.  It is hard to see in the photo but the accent stitching on the pumpkin and the satin stitch around them was done in a variegated thread from Superior.  The photo isn't as clear as I would like as I had to use my tablet.  I am still waiting for the battery charger for my camera to replace the one I lost.
I was able to get quite a bit of quilting done on the weekend as hubby was away.  In addition to the mats, I also quilted a crib blanket.  I want to get a couple more of them made for the Christmas craft sale on Nov. 12.  I have one top almost done and it shouldn't take too long to do the other with a panel centre.
It has got quite a bit cooler here so it is nice to have the wood stove on to both heat and add some cheer to the house.
blessings,



1 comment: