Thursday, March 16, 2017

Happy Quilting Day Two

I finished my foundation pieced block today and now will turn it into a pillow cover.  The photo is a bit fuzzy as I took it with my tablet.  I will do one with the camera when it is completed.  This was going to be my Island Batik project for this month but I have decided to do something else.  I am in a mini frame of mind.
Today I finished sewing the outer borders on a top and should get the rest done tomorrow and ready for quilting. .  I need to do a bit of practising on my frame before I load this as I haven't used it in a while.
It was lovely and sunny again today so I was able to go for my walk in the bush.  It was slippery in spots and the snow was soft in others but, all in all, enjoyable.  I kept my eye out for branches that might have been knocked loose during the recent heavy winds.  I didn't want one bonking either eye or the dog.  We both were on the lookout for a mink that had been spotted around the hen house earlier.  Heidi had raised the alarm and hubby was out tapping the trees and saw it slinking around.  The coop is secure but those creatures don't need a lot of space to wiggle its way into trouble.
Got some flower and herb seeds started in unneeded egg cartons and made a large pot of stew so I could legitimately claim that I hadn't quilted all day.  Most of it but not all.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment