Monday, May 1, 2017

Applique Adventures





Island Batik fabrics April project was entitled Adventurous Applique.  I debated for some time, and changed my mind just as often, about what I would make until I settled on the doves on either side of the heart.  It is a anniversary gift for a friend.
I love the pastel batik colours against the dark background.
 
 
I haven't been able to bind it yet as I hadn't been able to hold a needle properly.  I tried a bit of hand applique yesterday evening and the puncture (from the sewing machine needle) seems to have healed enough that I can use it. 
 
We had a real downpour today just as we were unloading our quilt supplies to take inside the Legion.  We were all drenched but even a bad weather day can't dampen (sorry) our quilting spirits.
Blessings,

1 comment: