Thursday, August 24, 2017

Storms and Quilts

I am more than a bit tired today.  I spent most of last night coughing as I thought I would see if I was alright without an allergy pill.  I obviously wasn't.  I have never had it this bad before and not even sure what I am allergic too just that I am coughing and an elephant uses my chest for a cushion.
Anyway, a pill before bed tonight and I should be okay tomorrow.
I am concerned for a couple of friends who are in Texas and the path of Hurricane Harvey.  I know that Canadians sometimes envy the warmth of the southern U.S. in the winter but I will take snow over hurricane's any day.
Today was my monthly quilting get together.  We spent most of the day making half square triangle (HST) blocks.  We packed up early and went to Fabricland to take advantage of their 3 day sale.  I got some fabric I needed and another bit that I wanted.  Another lady got the items she needed and the other one purchased 'wants'  Lots of laughing and helping each other (which is how the one lady ended up with all her fabric).  Quilters seem to turn the simplest activity into so much fun.
For those of you  in the Texas area, please be safe.  Evacuate if need be.  Looters may be a possibility but things can be replaced.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment