Saturday, September 2, 2017

Fair Entrries Done

I don't usually do a post on Saturday but I wanted to do a follow up to my rant from yesterday.  I discovered, while rereading the rules for fair entries, that we are supposed to have our application for the tags in 4 to 5 days before the fair.  I never noticed that before because the method was different.  So, part of the problem in getting my tags was mine.
I did get my entries in today and it didn't take much longer than usual.  Then hubby and I helped a friend unload her stuff.  She always has a van load and usually wins a prize for most points in crafts.  (I won one for needlecraft a couple of years ago which was a big moment for me).  I will find out on Monday how I did.
This is one of the quilts I entered.

 
I find the transition from August to September happens to quickly.  It feels as though there should be a week or two in between that is another month or something.  Perhaps it is the abrupt change from summer to school and end of holidays.  What ever the reason, I have made a note on my computer's calendar to remind me to get my fair stuff done earlier next year. 
The weather has been beautiful today and it has been difficult to stay indoors.  I have managed to get a bit of quilting done.  It is supposed to rain for the rest of the weekend so being inside won't be a problem.
Blessings,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment